Wednesday, February 6, 2013

O Happy Day!

At last!
For Christmas, Adam got me a year's subscription to Victoria. I haven't had any new Victoria magazines for quite a few years. My mother and I pass the old ones around, and the copies I have here are well-worn and well-loved. Some are nearly 20 years old.

I can't wait to read through it slowly. Reading a Victoria, for me, is like eating something delicious, very slowly, savoring every word, every picture. I keep my copies in the bathroom and read them while I'm soaking in the tub. From the cover, this one has an article on tea (yes!) and one on starting a small business doing what you love. Well! Those are both right up my alley. I do think I detect a long soak in the bathtub tonight! Thanks, honey!

5 comments:

GretchenJoanna said...

How happy!
Did you ever get that Victoria I sent you way back?

M.K. said...

YES, GJ!! And I've been meaning to tell you for the longest time how much I thoroughly relished and enjoyed it. Julia read the article for school, but then I took the magazine, and I read Every. Single. Word. Every article. It was wonderful, to savor it like that :) Thank you!! It was a great issue.

Lisa Richards said...

Enjoy! :D

magsmcc said...

Why is it called Victoria- does it have lots of cakes?

M.K. said...

Mags, that's a good question. I think the magazines goal has always been to present beauty, for beauty's sake. There's a big focus on England, and gentile living, and antiques. Perhaps it's a reference to Queen Victoria or the Victorian era? I don't know. I've never wondered!!