Monday, February 4, 2013

The Second Purse

Remember the bobble stitch purse I made a while ago?  It turned out well:
But I made 2 different sized straps for it, and had the larger strap left over. So last night during the Super Bowl, I crocheted one half of the new purse, which will be larger, to go with the larger strap.
 This front panel of the purse is about 12" wide and 9.5" tall. It's a combination of bobble stitches, double crochets, single crochets, front/back posts, and some open work on the top.
The large strap still looks very snakish to me.
 Here's a close-up of the bottom of this panel. I did 4 rows of bobble stitch. Then six or so rows of straight double crochet to fill out the body. I felt it was important, for the look of the purse, to do the heavier stitches on the bottom of the purse and save the lighter ones for the top.
 Here's the top. I put one more single row of bobble stitch, to tie the purse together. Then about 3 rows of single crochet. Then I did a row of alternating front/back post double crochet. Then a row of double crochet. Then another row of the alternating front/back posts. Then I did a row of 3-chain loops across. Then I put a pair of double crochets in each loop for one row, and again on the last row, placing pairs of DC to separate the pairs in the previous row.
 I'll make the back panel the same, I think. Then I'll stitch them together and make a fabric liner for the inside, plus a pocket for keys or something. I'll post a picture when it's finished. This item will be for sale at the market.

3 comments:

magsmcc said...

Still haven't tried bobble stitch- too scared!

Pom Pom said...

You're so good, MK! I love your bobble purses! Whenever I see something you might make for market, I pin it and hope you see it.

M.K. said...

Don't be scared, Mags! It's very fun :) If it doesn't look right, just pull it all out - haha!!

Pom, thanks SO much. I'm getting more traffic to my blog from pinterest lately -- I bet it's thanks to you :)