Wednesday, January 21, 2009

What to write?

What's happening?
I'm finished with my first day back in the classroom, after having over a month off. It's rather like taking back up a rigorous exercise routine after the holidays.

What am I about to do?
Travel to Covenant College with Philip. He's going to their scholarship weekend. We get a banquet tomorrow night, and I get to stay in a hotel with an old friend and catch up on old times.

What am I excited about?
This semester I get to teach some literature I haven't taught in a few years: Homer's Odyssey, Plato's Apology, and Romeo and Juliet, which I've NEVER taught! And...I don't have to do any American literature, of which I am thoroughly tired.

What do I think is funny?
My children, especially these two boys. They are extremely silly tonight. Philip is all zippy for some reason, and Peter is downright ridiculous. He has his first dance-date coming up soon, and he is all a-tither.

What am I sad about?
That I have to leave and go out of town AGAIN, after just getting back. Adam is also rather bummed out that I'm leaving again, even though it is only for 48 hours or so.

No comments: