Sunday, March 1, 2009

Love the Rain

It's been raining for about 2 days, on and off. Right now, it's very steady. We need it; I can't remember the last time we had a nice, long rain.

And this rain, hopefully, will turn to snow later today. That may mean a day off of school tomorrow. Unfortunately, Adam and I will have to go to the school today for 4 hours for an Open House - trying to attract new families to the school. I must admit that I do it with half a heart, considering that he won't be working there next year, and of course I can't know for sure if I will either. If he finds work elsewhere, we'll all leave.

So maybe a few snow pictures will follow soon! I must say, if anything has helped to lift my spirits out of the pits this last day, it was some friends on Facebook whose humor can make me smile no matter what. Thanks, Ginny! Misery loves company, especially sarcastic company.

These days I'm mostly struggling with what my role is in the family, and what Adam's role is. A lot of it goes back to how much we trust God to provide for us (because He promises to), and how much of our provision is our duty as well. But more on those thoughts later, as I ruminate.

No comments: