Wednesday, May 12, 2010

It's mighty good!

I've started making smoothies. I've read on several blogs how healthy they are. I got this from the Macheesmo blog -- well, kind of. I don't measure anything. But I follow his general idea.

Into the blender go about 3/4 of a banana, 2 handfuls of frozen blueberries (I'm still using the ones from my brother's farm, from last summer), and about 6 frozen strawberries. I put in 2 LARGE dollops of good vanilla yogurt (probably over 1/2 cup), and top it off with orange juice (I'd say about 3/4 cup). I know -- but if you vary the measurements quite a bit, I don't think it'll matter much.
Pulse and blend thoroughly, and "Voila!!" as the French would say! Here you have it. This was Julia's:
This was mine:
It has a nice fluffy look and tastes delectable. It's a great way to get your fruit servings, and it's quick for breakfast. Just keep all those items on hand in your kitchen.
And SLURP!! It's gone!

6 comments:

hjones said...

You are so right. We used to live on smoothies. You can sneak all kinds of good things in on your children in them - like brewer's yeast and tofu!!! Imagine!

Nick said...

Looks just like mine! Nice work! :)

I'm working on an epic smoothie post that I'm hoping to post next week... stay tuned!

LeroyLime said...

that's EXACTLY how I make mine...the kids LOVE them. I usually pick up the bags of frozen fruit at the grocery store and just keep those on hand. Any kind of juice will work and yogurt is a must! Not to mention, you can always use those bananas that are going bad! :)

LeroyLime said...

p.s. try adding spinach leaves, it's pretty yummy!

M.K. said...

Thanks, Dawn -- I'll have to try that spinach! Green smoothies? Nick, I'll look forward to that post!

Tammy said...

Looks wonderful!