Monday, January 14, 2013

Small Joys

Small joys lift the spirits, don't they? I was browsing around in the local thrift store on Friday while Julia shopped for clothes. And I spotted this bowl.
It's a large stoneware (yellow ware?) mixing bowl. I reminds me of my mother. I believe she has one almost exactly like it. Actually, I think she has several stoneware bowls, and I love all of them. But when I see this bowl, I think of her. {{{Sigh}}} as they say on facebook. (Plus little fluttery feelings of homesickness and missing her)
I don't know if it's old. I don't know if it's valuable. It cost me $5.00. That's pretty cheap, for something that reminds you all day long of someone you love. Maybe not so small a joy after all!

2 comments:

Pom Pom said...

Oh, I love it! It's pretty and simple. Simple DOES bring great heaps of joy!

debbie bailey said...

LOVE the bowl, and it looks old to me. If not, it's a good reproduction. A great find, old or not!