Friday, January 18, 2013

The Grow-Your-Blog Party!

Hi, gang! Today's the day! Vicki, over at 2 Bags Full, has been gathering friendly bloggers everywhere for this event:  the Grow-Your-Blog Party!

So ... welcome to Through a Glass, Darkly. If you're new here, let me tell you about here. Since 2007, I've been blogging about family life, spiritual life, food, yarn work, poetry and literature, beekeeping ... well, about all our varied interests. I'm not a niche blogger; I like to write about it all. We live on the outer coastal edge of North Carolina in a little fishing village called Oriental. My husband is a pastor. I'm a previous high school literature teacher, stay-at-home mom, homeschooler, piano player.

Speaking of yarn, what do I have to show you today? A couple of new crocheting projects:
Purse #1. I used the bobble stitch I've discussed before. This adorable little shoulder purse has a button closure and a comfy strap. It's lined.
 Purse #2. This is a sturdy bag/tote, fairly small, with a clutch handle.
 Purse #1 is made with Simply Soft yarn, using a size I hook.
 So cute:
 Purse #2 is made with Wool-Ease yarn, using a size H hook. That's mighty bulky yarn with a rather little hook, which was hard work for the fingers and thumbs! I wanted a good, stiff basket-type tote when I finished, with a stiff bottom that would stand up on its own. I succeeded!
 I used single crochet (lower rows and upper rows) some double crochet, and a row of alternating front and back post double crochet for that twisty pattern in the middle. All-around, a nice looking bag! They'll be at the farmer's market on Saturday.
Here's the cute button for the blog party, but I don't know how to make it a link :)

1 comment:

Thistle Cove Farm said...

Hi MK, is't this a fun party Vicki is giving? I'm enjoying visiting folks and your giftaways are so nice. The work of your hands and heart is lovely!