Friday, September 19, 2008

Dinner for Two

See that? Know what that means? That means that all four of our kids are off somewhere else, having a grand time. Quiet dinner for two.

As a word of encouragement for those of you who are crowding your young herd around the dining table and smacking little fingers, those young bread-snatchers won't be around forever. Enjoy the noisy days while you can. The quiet days are coming.

I told Adam I can't even remember the pre-baby days when we ate, just we two, on a daily basis. Too many moons ago.

2 comments:

A happy heart at home said...

It is different as the children 'grow and go' - we have one child left at home now (in tenth grade) and two on their own.

~Susan

Jeannie said...

Oh, MK, you are sooo right. Mine are grown and gone, and I have no regrets, BUT I'd go back and do it all over again, if only I could!!!
I have been known to ask a frazzled young mom with a crying little one in the grocery store if she'd believe me if I said someday she'd miss these times. It amazes me how it seems to help, and suddenly I see a smile.