Wednesday, December 31, 2008

The end of the year:

Today was windy, and the weather shifted. We've been so warm. Finally tonight we had a fire in the fireplace again.

I spent the entire morning taking off ornaments, taking down the tree, packing away everything in the house that smacked of Christmas, reorganizing all the storage cabinets downstairs, packing all that away again, delivering home-made turtles to friends, finishing laundry, practicing piano, and reading.

I finished A Vineyard in Tuscany by Ferenc Mate, and started Gilead by Marilynne Robinson. The Mate book was nice but fluffy - typical romantic Tuscany. The Robinson book seems like MUCH more serious literature, but very good. I think I will enjoy it.

Tonight Adam and I tried to watch a Nero Wolf movie, but the DVD was troublesome. A scratch on it or something. So, here I am blogging, instead.

And poor Peter. He returned this morning from spending the night with a friend. By noon he was very ill in the bathroom. He heaved all afternoon. I think he's better now - he'd better be, because I don't think he even had his insides left to contribute!

Oh, I hope nobody else in the family gets it!!! Adam and I are planning a B&B trip soon, and I really don't want to take Mr. Stomach Bug along!

No comments: