Sunday, April 26, 2009

It's NOT pretty...

But it was fun to do!
I mentioned the wrist warmers. Well, I decided to go ahead and give it a try. I'd never crocheted "in the round" before (or whatever they call it) - in a continuous circle. Here's the beginning.

Going up the wrist I first tightened the gauge (unintentionally) and then loosened it, as I approached the hand.

To obtain the slit for the thumb, I had to stop crocheting in a loop, and go back and forth for a number of rows. This is the widest part of the glove.


The finished product, such as it is. Not much to look at, but I enjoy crocheting to fit shapes, instead of just flat surfaces like afghans. I didn't want the top of the glove to impair the fingers from curving under, but did want a rounded portion to cover the knuckles on the back of the hand. The shape is exactly what I wanted. Now Julia wants a pair. I told her, maybe for winter. And maybe I'll be in better crocheting practice by then. I think it's been at least 2 years since I've crocheted.

No comments: