Monday, April 20, 2009

The Simple Woman's Day Book

Outside my window...
it is 60 degrees, rained a bit last night, but the thunderstorms forecast for this morning aren't here.
Photobucket

I am thinking...
about our future and how unsettled our lives feel right now.

I am thankful for...
how we've weathered personal storms in the past. It gives me hope for the future.

From the kitchen....
I'm planning to make beef tips over noodles for supper, probably with a salad too.

I am wearing...my pajamas and robe, of course - what else would I be wearing on my personal day off?

I am reading... Miss Read, her first book, called Village School.

I am hoping...
that God resolves some of our questions soon, and gives us clear guidance. We know what our hearts' desires are, but doors seem shut right now.

I am creating... hmm. Perhaps some creativity would help right now.

I am hearing...
hundreds of birds outside. We have so many in our neighborhood because it's well-wooded. Such a cheerful sound in the mornings!

Around the house...
Finishing the last load of laundry, vacuuming, kitchen cleaning, balancing finances, paying bills, being ready for classes tomorrow.

One of my favorite things...peace. I wish I had more of it right now.
I've implored the Lord for wisdom, trust, guidance, and more wisdom. I've prayed, read Scripture, sought wise counsel, talked, deliberated. But mostly I'd like peace.

No comments: