Monday, December 21, 2009

A festive feel --

Christmas week has begun! I thought a little festive change was appropriate for my blog :) And we've received plenty of Christmas cheer in our home this weekend too -- Look at the goodies that have arrived! A fruit basket, a tin full of home-baked yummies, candy canes, hot chocolate mix, cookies galore, breakfast bread. I'm stuffed just thinking about it!
20 years ago, when Adam and I celebrated our first Christmas together, he gave me this adorable ornament - Mr. and Mrs. Beaver. Philip's arrival was still a year away, but here we are "Mom and Dad."
I hang the Beavers each year on this little wooden tree, along with these selected ornaments. A dear friend's husband made this tree for me, years ago -- she and I sang in a wonderful group together in Jackson, Mississippi.
And you can never have too many pictures of Christmas trees, right?
This ornament was made by my brother Max, who did pottery for many years. It's made of clay, fired, and brilliant. I love it.

No comments: