Wednesday, December 16, 2009

More ornaments? Sure!

Here are a few more:

This beautiful, hand-decorated ball was given to me by my sister-in-law, Faith. She made it the first year she was married to Mark, and I think that's been about 13 years ago. It is elegant and feminine, just like her!
This very special gold ornament was a gift many years ago from my dear cousin, Tammy. The date on it says "1978." I think it may be about my oldest ornament.
This sweet angel with her pink bow hair is very precious to me. When we lived in Mississippi, our pastor's wife, Amy, made angel ornaments every year and gave one to each family in the church. I know it was a labor of love, and I have treasured them. We moved from Mississippi after a few years, and a few years later, Amy died of cancer. I remember her when I see her angels each year.
I have quite a few of these lacey snowflakes. Adam's grandmother gave them to me early in our marriage. The girls chose to put some on the tree this year.
This angel was also made by a friend in Mississippi named Vickie. I haven't heard from her for many years, but I'll always enjoy this sweet angel, made from a cotton boll!

No comments: