Friday, March 8, 2013

Chickens, Rabbits, Veggies

Not much to tell today, folks. This post will catch me up for the weekend, which will be a busy few days. So if you don't hear from me until Monday, don't fret!
Here are the 3 chickens: (l-r: Gertrude, Edna, Philippa)
I think they turned out mighty cute. Gertrude, being the oldest, wears an apron to show her superior position in the kitchen.
I wanted to share some fabric with you that I found at WalMart. I haven't bought new fabric at a store in a long time, but I could not resist these bunnies. It brings out the Beatrix Potter in me, you know? Haven't decided yet what I shall do with it. An apron seems too ordinary. I only bought 1 yard. What do you think?
We've been in a little food slump lately. Last night Adam asked me point-blank, "What do you want to eat?" I asked my tummy, "Tummy, what thinkest thou?" And the tummy replied, "Veggies!" I immediately pictured a veggie platter from Cracker Barrel. So we went to the store around the corner and bought a sweet potato, 2 Granny Smith apples, and a can of green beans. We had the okra already. Adam wasn't much hungry, and Julia nibbled on some of these items too. But my body was happy with me all evening, for providing veggies.

2 comments:

melissa said...

Blogger just slapped my hand, so will try to comment again. Love your chickens...and they definitely have attitude! :)

And your pink blog wear is spiffy too, also Julia's wonderful painting up top.

M.K. said...

Thanks, Melissa. It's a lot of pink!