It's been a while since I did a post on soap-making because it's been a while since I made soap. I'm not sure I've made any since before Christmas. Well ... today was the day! My stock is getting low. I carry about a dozen different scents of soap at the market, so I really don't want to make a whole batch (7.5 lbs.!) of only one scent, like tea tree oil. What I need is about six new bars in about five or six scents. Today, my finished batch looked like this:
On the left in the tiny clear mold is lilac, and the OJ can behind it is also lilac scent.
In the red heart mold is magnolia with poppyseeds.
One of the OJ cans on the right has vanilla, colored with paprika.
Two of the OJ cans have plain tea tree oil.
The last OJ can is a mixture of all the soap I scraped from the various bowls and pots. I hate to waste it, but I can hardly blend it all and sell it, so I'll use it myself.
Here's the lavender block. I made one of these before Christmas, in layers of color, and it sold well.
I also poured a can of lilac -- what a lovely scent! I think it might sell well in the spring, when people want floral, cool scents.
When I get them cut, I'll show you how they turned out. Oh, I do hope the tiny shells turn out well!