Thursday, March 14, 2013

Crocheting into Spring

I'm still making smittens. Can you believe it?
I crocheted three pairs this week. It's almost spring, but people still want them. Temps should fall to about 30ยบ tonight. Apparently hands are still a bit chilly.
I made a black pair just like this last week, and a lady bought them in the first 5 minutes of the market on Saturday. So I thought I'd try that again! This is "Black Fleck" yarn by Red Heart Super *Scratchy* - haha :) A friend gave me most of a skein, so these only cost me the time to crochet them.
This pair was requested by a lady who saw my two handbags and said, "My daughter would love that yarn in a pair of smittens!" I told her I'd make them for her this week. However, she did not pre-pay for them. I'll put them on the market table, and if she snags them first, they're hers. If you want some goods set back in reserve for you, you really must pay for them ahead of time. I hope she comes early!
And this happy, springy pair. All these smittens are shorter than my winter ones, light-weight, giving just a hint of warmth on these cool mornings.
I'm also knitting one of these bunnies from this site.
And I'd like to try these great loofahs, but it seems I'll need to find the perfect yarn for it.

1 comment:

Pom Pom said...

I can't wait to see your bunny! Short smittens are CUTE! Happy sales at the market!