Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Of Bullfrogs and Bumblebees

The one place at Biltmore House that (I think) they don't mind photography, is the gift shops. My favorite shop is the large one in the old stable area. Things of beauty, things of tackiness, things of pure expense -- they have it all!
When I saw all these froggies, for some reason I thought of Pom Pom :) Aren't they friendly looking?








Perhaps Toad of Toad Hall would like to live in the Biltmore Gift Shop?
This green fellow is actually a small fan. An unusual idea, I think.
I couldn't resist this splash of color.
And look at this display -- oh my! What color! What ladybugs! And are those .... teapots?
Over it all, a rather staid-looking Peter Rabbit presides.
This is cheering. She's a little teapot too!
I hope this post adds a little sunshine to your spring day. I have a busy day ahead, part of a very busy week. Cheers!

No comments: