Thursday, December 15, 2011

Isaiah 61: 1-3

"The Lord has filled me with His Spirit,
and has chosen me, and sent me.
He has chosen me, and sent me to bring good news to the poor,
To heal the broken-hearted,
To announce release to the captives,
And freedom to those in prison.

He has sent me to proclaim that the time has come
For the Lord to save His people.
He has sent me to comfort all who mourn,
And to give those who grieve in Zion,
Joy and gladness, in stead of grief,
A song of praise, instead of sorrow.
They will be like trees,
Be like trees the Lord has planted.

And God will be praised,
And God will be praised,
For what He has done!"

This is the text of a song I sang in church last Sunday. The words are so beautiful, and each time I sing it, my heart swells with excitement for the healing that God will do, declares He will do, for mankind. It makes me eager for heaven.

No comments: