Friday, June 7, 2013

WWW ... Wednesday!

Wait. It's Friday. Am I late?
Over at Wayside Sacraments, I see they're doing a weekly meme about what we're reading lately. Here are the 3 questions:
1. What are you currently reading?
2. What did you recently finish reading?
3. What do you plan to read next?
And, without further ado, here are my answers:

Currently I'm reading Edith Schaeffer's The Hidden Art of Homemaking (you know that),
the final few pages of Anthony Trollope's Autobiography
and the first pages of Elizabeth Goudge's The Dean's Watch.

I've recently finished reading 1000 Gifts by Ann Voskamp,
(Well, I didn't read the last 3 chapters. I got tired of it and found her repetitive.)
 West with the Wind by Beryl Markham (which was excellent!),
and Kenneth Grahame's enchanting The Wind in the Willows.

Next, I plan to read The Art of Eating by MFK Fisher
and A Circle of Quiet by Madeline L'Engle.
After that, it will be months of ancient literature for Julia's schooling.
Herodotus, here I come!
 What are you reading these days?

2 comments:

Leslie said...

I think this meme is the most fun with those who have blogs I already read and kinda "know"...like yours. I have had The Art of Eating on my shelf for a very long time. I need to read it! You have made me curious about West with the Night. Would it make a good book club read?
Blessings,
Leslie

Pom Pom said...

Hi MK!
I'm reading Anne of Green Gables AGAIN. I have that new stack of M.F.K. Fisher that I need a little quiet in order to dig into.
I've been flipping through all my Gladys Taber, too. Oh, the ever ready stack of new teacher books are calling, too.