Saturday, November 16, 2013

My Own Personal Chef

Dinner last night -- goodness, gracious me! I am such a spoiled wife!
On this plate: baked butternut squash in butter, brown sugar, allspice, cloves, nutmeg, cinnamon, ginger; baked asparagus with sauce (mayo, mustard, vinegar, olive oil) and grated Parmesan; rice pilaf with carrots, cilantro, celery, onion, garlic, start anise, turmeric, cumin; baked sweet potato with butter; onion bread
Cilantro gave a brightness to this rice dish.
We usually include pineapple in the squash, but had none last night in the cupboard.  It was lovely anyway.
I'm the sweet potato lover in the family. I'm cutting way back on the butter; usually it's swimming.
The asparagus was a hit! This sauce, a Hollandaise variation, is like a cole slaw sauce without sugar -- very zippy and bright.
Thank you, Adam, my dear, for an excellent, filling vegetarian meal!

6 comments:

magsmcc said...

Oh wow. Export that man!

Pom Pom said...

It looks wonderful! Cutting back on butter? Yikes!

Fat Dormouse said...

Goodness me, that all looks very delicious! I hope it was as good as it looks - or maybe even better!!

Kezzie said...

Phwoar!!!! What a feast! so colourful too! X

fancysimple said...

It look so delicious and I want to try them and to add it to my cooking list. I want to be a personal chef in austin tx.

Thanks!

Unknown said...

Pictures look absolutely fabulous! Everything looks extremely nice, professional. Everyone loves discovering delicious new recipes, and an event this is a perfect opportunity to do so.Personal chefs are responsible to control all the menu organization, grocery shopping and cooking.