Tuesday, October 25, 2011

A Basket of Blessings

On Friday, my friend Carolyn and I were finally able to get together for a visit. She has a handful of young children to raise, and we live about an hour apart, so (unfortunately!) we don't see each other as much as we'd like.

We met at a coffee shop, and as we left, she gave me this gift:
Isn't it beautiful? Carolyn knows how to make anything beautiful. Ripe tomatoes, Rome apples, fresh herbs, dark chocolate, two kinds of peppers -- that's healthy and fun!

Yesterday I blanched quite a few of the tomatoes, peeled and froze them. We sliced three of the largest, ripest ones on Saturday for lunch. Adam had some herbs on his salad last night. I'll be enjoying the apples with cheese; I've discovered that apples, cheese and crackers are as delectable to me as any dessert.  Well ... almost any dessert.

2 comments:

Michelle DeRusha said...

What a beautiful, thoughtful gift. I may have to steal that idea!

Pom Pom said...

Oh that IS a lovely basket of goodness!