Thursday, January 6, 2011

Bruscetta

Whether you say it, "broo-skettuh" or "brooshettuh" -- it's delicious! At Aldi today, I saw some packaging that told me exactly what I wanted to make with my spaghetti tonight.

So Adam whipped up some bread dough, and I baked two French loaves. They were rather flat, which was perfect.  I sliced them in half. Then I drizzled them with olive oil and sprinkled basil. I cut them in strips, topped them with mozzerella cheese, and baked them until it was melted.
Later I put diced tomato on top, and continued to warm them.  Warm tomatoes are really a wonderful thing, did you know?
And SO good with spaghetti:
Are you hungry yet?  I had left-overs, so I'm taking the rest to our Bible study meeting tonight at friends' house. I'll rewarm them over there.

No comments: