Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Sledding Break

One of the great advantages of homeschooling is that you can take short breaks whenever you  like, for whatever purpose you like. After our "major weather event" of yesterday and today, I decided to give Julia an hour to go sledding down our hill.  Here she is, coming back, with Sandy in tow:
I should have gone out to the end of the driveway and gotten a video of her careening down the hill.  But that would have necessitated my getting dressed, with a coat and boots. SO much easier to stand on the front porch in my fuzzy robe and snap a photo!

I know you've probably seen my fireplace as much as you want to, but I was so excited to find a new setting on my camera that I hadn't noticed -- one for very low light conditions! You know how I'm adverse to using a flash.  Well, usually the photo below would be very dark, with only a few licks of flame visible.  I love this new setting! I took both of yesterday's fireside shots with it too.

No comments: