Saturday, January 29, 2011

Glorious Day!

Julia, Sandy and I took another walk this afternoon, but I won't bore you with the details. The weather is glorious -- Julia claims it's now spring. I tried to convince her otherwise. She found something interesting on our walk, a fungi.  It's very large, and looks petrified.  It was lying upside down, in the shade of our front yard.
My rosemaries are looking very happy with all this sunshine.
And Julia?  She decided it was warm enough for SHORTS! In January! This was a serendipitous photo:
She's so happy to be outside, in the grass, with her dog. As I type this, I can barely see out the front window onto the grass -- Julia is lying on her tummy, reading a book in the grass, and Sandy is keeping her company. They're big buddies.
The garden is still asleep.
But the forsythia is beginning to awake.
Oh, and that huge fungi? I measured it - 7 inches across! Just thought you'd like to know, since perspective can be difficult in photos.
By the way, that ruler -- I think my dad gave it to me, once upon a time. It's very old. It's metal, and snaps up in a roll when you're done with it. On the back, it says, "Burgess Publishing Company, Minneapolis 15, Minnesota. And I must confess, I have no idea what the "15" is for!
Adam will be preaching away tomorrow at a church here in N. Carolina. Have a blessed Sunday!

2 comments:

LeroyLime said...

Love the photos of Julia, especially the one with her and her pup. Reminds me of the good old days on the farm when you'd find my little mini sheltie, Bitsy and I romping around in the corn fields, building forts in the old hog sheds or digging tunnels to hide in, during the cold blistery snowy months of winter.

GretchenJoanna said...

I LOVE the photo with her hair blowing...