Thursday, July 5, 2012

More on Preparation

I wrote a post on the wonderful act of preparing for other people, remember?
I was just over at Lanier's beautiful blog and enjoyed her truly lovely post on remembering her wedding day. Many, many dear friends assisted her and her fiance in getting their new home ready for the splendid reception she'd dreamed of. She stated this:
"In essence, they helped us make a home, which is one of the most beautiful things a person can do for another."
And:
"And there, in the midst of it all, was my groom, working day and night to prepare a place, not just for our wedding, but for us. For me. Even in all that sweet tumult of work and waiting, the precious image incarnate in Philip’s labor was not lost on me."
Isn't that stunning?
Pom Pom and someone else (Oh! I forget who!) also wrote on the heavenly act of preparing place for someone as an act of love. Many thanks to Lanier, who writes more elegantly than all of us, for describing this in such a poignant way, about such a momentous event. Weddings are in the air this time of year! What can you do to help someone prepare a home?

1 comment:

Pom Pom said...

Oh, I agree! How inspiring! I'm going to hop on over there!