Tuesday, July 17, 2012

The Windmill Puzzle

Julia and I have been working a jigsaw puzzle. A friend loaned it to us.
It's a very nice Ravensburger puzzle, 1500 pieces -- a collage, I suppose, of windmills.
Of course, we did the windmills first. Julia did this red one.
I did this one. I enjoy jigsaw puzzles very much, except they now hurt my back, and I can't do them at all without my reading glasses. The trials of old age.
Today we had come this far, and I could smell the end finish line. That's when my puzzle-solving vigor increases and I just can't stop!
We put the last piece in this evening. It's a beautiful thing to behold. I like to leave them up for a couple of days, just to enjoy the elegance and hard work.
On a different note, Adam and Sandy and I went to the fig tree and picked more today, 4.5 lbs. more. Tomorrow I'll have some more pints of preserves. The figs are now very ripe, very sweet. We shared the bush with the birds, of course, and the hornets.

2 comments:

Pom Pom said...

Wow! I'm so impressed with your puzzle making skills! Maybe I should get a jigsaw puzzle for my sibs to work on next week.
It's figs galore at your house! How lovely!
I am waiting for the doctor's office to call about my new green glasses. I wonder why our parents didn't tell us that our eyes were going to get so bad.
Put a hot water bottle on that sore back, MK.

Angela said...

I feel the same way after working one -- I want to leave it up a day or two to be admired:) When my mom was a girl and her family would work one, she would take one piece and hide it so that she could put the LAST piece in!! When she told me this, I was glad we weren't kids at the same time, or I would've had to throttle her;)