Tuesday, September 4, 2012

For Hands and Heads

For hands: I'm making my hand-warmers again. I'm trying to think of a clever name for them. What do you think of "Smittens"? (a take off on mittens, yeah.) This pair is made with some fun, very-chunky felted yarn.
The second pair has a little lacy edging on both top and bottom, and they're longer in the wrist.
I put two yarns together when I did this: a wispy black/purple and a thicker solid purple. I like the result. I'm selling these at the market on Saturday, hopefully. Maybe with fall weather coming, people will be interested?
I want to start selling little-girl flower headbands. Here's my first attempt.
I made lots of these flowers last year, but never put them on a simple band. I hope these really sell.
Now, back to the needles and hooks!

1 comment:

Carolyn said...

I'd suggest putting a few of the flowers on alligator clips. They could be attached to ponytail holders, hats, scarves, purses, even the smittens. I pulled out one you made last year with three layers in cream, brown and pale pink and clipped it to a peachy beanie. Adorable.