Friday, May 11, 2012

Cocoa, Jasmine, Sage & Lavender

Not to be confused with Parsley, Sage, Rosemary, and Thyme, you know!
Guess what I did this evening!?
Ring a bell? How 'bout this:
Yes, I made soap, which I've been longing to do for so long. We finally were in need of some ourselves, plus I'm hoping to sell some soap here in Oriental at the farmer's market. Must beef up my stock then!
I've decided to be more creative and experimental in my soap-making. After pouring this soap in, tinted lightly with turmeric, I added jasmine scent and stirred in some dry cocoa into the top of it. I swirled it around. Other blogging soap-makers seem to do this kind of thing, and produce intriguing results. I hope it works for me!
In the blue pan is jasmine scent with lavender blossoms in the bottom, and in the red ones is jasmine scent with dried sage leaves.
They're now tucked nicely in the dark garage, curing away. Let's hope for good things!

3 comments:

Pom Pom said...

I'm sure your soap will sell well! How do you have time to make soap, MK? Aren't you unpacking? You're amazing!
Happy Mother's Day to you, loving mother of four!

M.K. said...

Pom, I know it's absolutely ridiculous, and yes the house is still messy, with boxes un-put-away. But I've been desperate to make soap again. I couldn't wait. So I gave in :) Happy Mother's Day to you too, dear!

GretchenJoanna said...

I can perfectly understand your desire to make soap -- I bet you have some creative energy being unleashed just from the relief of the positive changes regarding your husband's work and all that's connected to that, as in: everything! Won't it be fun to have wares to sell at the market?!