Sunday, May 6, 2012

Neighborly Flowers

I hope you're not sick of flowers yet, because here are some more! What a rather sad picture to begin with - the azaleas are definitely "past it" and fading. Boohoo!
 In their place came the rhododendrons, and next will be the profuse mountain laurel. In just a few days, the roadways will be blanketed in tiny pink/white blooms, and it will look like fairy land up here. Here's an early bush:
 Examine this. See the tiny bell-like flowers? Each one will be a blueberry! These are wild, volunteer blueberry bushes that thrive in the woods around this locale.
 I strolled down to our neighbor's yard. (Don't worry; I asked permission.) They have an adorable bent-wood fence.
 I went there for pictures of these rhododendrons. They're magnificent! A whole bank of them greets the neighbors when they come out their front door. And note the nice stone wall beneath.


She has some glowing iris. Wow!
 As I walk back up their driveway, this sturdy stone wall walks with me.

One of my favorites is this clinging ground-cover on the outside of her pot. Love that!
I hope you enjoyed this flowery post. Happy spring!

1 comment:

Pom Pom said...

Did Sandy get to come, too?
I love rhododendrons. They don't grow in Colorado.
You can make blueberry jam, MK!