Friday, June 17, 2011

Dreaming Food

I told Adam on Monday that I wanted him to do something with a chicken on Thursday for supper. So, on Wednesday night, he dreamed this recipe. I mean it:  the man dreams up recipes in his sleep. I heard him chopping up stuff in the kitchen on Thursday afternoon, and I knew he was coming up with something yummy:
I'm not even sure what all's in there, besides the chicken, which he cut into pieces. He put in olives for himself, but said it wasn't good. Otherwise: onions, celery, garlic, carrots, rosemary, oregano, basil and white wine. I think that's all, but I'm not sure.

He marinated it for several hours, and then divided it into portions, putting each in a piece of sealed tin foil, like a "hobo dinner." He cooked these on the grill. The chicken remained moist, and the juices all stayed in, making a delicious gravy. The flavor was wonderful.
Adam would have put potatoes in there also, but I wanted to make the little red potatoes into a mashed potato dish, so we did that. Very yummy meal. And it has a high "fun factor." I think this one's a keeper.

2 comments:

Pom Pom said...

Pretty! Pop over and see the gazpacho Jeff made tonight! So bright and yummy!

M.K. said...

I think your gazpacho looks better than our chicken! Yum :)