Sunday, June 12, 2011

Talking to Thin Air

At the risk of beating a dead horse, I'm discovering how much I've been sending out email responses to people who aren't getting them. Here are my friends who have never read the lovely replies I've written:
Pom
Carolyn
Sharon
Sarah (in Boston)
Mary
There may be others. If you've left a nice comment several different times, and never heard from me, the reply is drifting out there in cyberspace, in a land called "no-reply comment."

However, a few friends do seem to get my email replies. They are:
Gretchen Joanna
Gumbo Lily
Melissa
Michelle
And others, I hope.

At first I thought it was a gmail thing -- that if Google handles your email, it would link us together automatically. But that's not the case. Maybe there's some little box you or I have to click, to make it work, but I don't know which one. I never click the box on a blogger's comment thread to let me get emails for all the follow-up comments, b/c I don't want 23 email comments about that blogger's post, from people I don't even know, that aren't even written to me. I wouldn't blame other folks for not wanting that either.

Ah, the complicated world of the internet.

So, many apologies. I'll keep working on this communication thing.

No comments: