Sunday, August 14, 2011

Blogasbord

In contrast to another writer who's lately touted the younger set (18-24 year old) as extremely empathetic, World Magazine's Anthony Bradley says they are seriously lacking in empathy. I find it interesting that two writers familiar with the same demographic would come to such disparate conclusions.

WSJ's William McGurn writes an unusual assessment of Obama, describing his rise (and fall?) in terms of ... Jimmy Carter. I'd never considered that parallel before.


I enjoyed browsing around Penelope Trunk's new homeschool branch of her blog site. Apparently she's seriously considering  homeschooling this fall, and is ruminating before all her many readers.

I must say, this article in USA Today was disheartening, to say the least. The White House should abide by the same standards of respect for the Marine families, that they asked of others. Good grief. Call my cynical, but that double standard just smacks of campaigning antics.




No comments: