Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Circle Meeting (aka, Hunter, we missed you!)

Welcome to my mother's front door! Today we had the ladies' church "circle" meeting here.
Sandy waited patiently for the guests to arrive.
Sandy was happy to see the mommies of some of her friends. Here is Anna, Skeeter's mommy.
And here are Peggy, Carolyn and Joan. Joan is Sammy's mommy.
(Okay, Skeeter and Sammy are dogs, in case you didn't realize this.)
Here's Sally. She told us her testimony.
And here is Tasha's mommy :)
Hunter, here is your chair. You were sorely missed. Sniff!
We had tea and coffee. I poured.
I ate about half of this, seriously. It's a block of cream cheese, covered with red pepper jelly. It doesn't get any easier than this! And the combination of the sweet jelly, the (slightly) zippy pepper, and the creamy cheese, and then the (slightly) salty cracker -- oh my! I skipped lunch, needless to say.
Mother made these: little phyllo cups, filled with a small chunk of brie cheese, and a dollop of apricot jam (or fig, or pick your marmalade), and a tiny crystal of ginger. I don't know that the ginger's entirely necessary. These were also delectable.
Adam made his blueberry scones, which float in the mouth and drift down the throat. That's his cream over there too.
All the ladies commented how soft, light and moist his scones are. Not the rocks you get served in some places.
Come back, Hunter!

2 comments:

Pom Pom said...

Yummy! I wish I had a scone in my house.
Sandy is so darn cute. She's such a perfect size. I want to hug her.

M.K. said...

Thanks, Pom Pom!! Sandy says you look pretty perfect yourself :) She's sending a hug your way!!