Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Flowers for a Friend

My knitting friend Carolyn requested I make her a couple more crocheted flowers. They are simple, but the pattern is really interesting and fun. Here are the two she asked for:
She wanted one large, one small. I think they are for a scarf she's making. Flowers on knitted items are all the rage right now. Perhaps I should start a cottage industry?
Here's a close up of the larger one. The yarn is pretty thin, and I used a size D hook. The pattern calls for a size C, which I don't have. It would be fun to put a cute button in the center. I think I'll make a bunch of these, just for fun.
Here's our knitting group. We took a photo today because Carolyn (seated on the right) is moving away, and we will miss her so much! I've known her for about 20 years. I feel like a big piece of our community is being ripped out -- a piece right in the heart. How we will miss her!

No comments: