Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Stormy Weather and More Gingerbread

On our way to the Grove Park Inn yesterday, the skies were ominous. Julia kept exclaiming about the cloud formations, and when I looked up, I understood why:
They're rather shocking. The girls compared it to being under a quilt. The wavy shapes are so interesting.
From my distant memories of snorkeling, it seems to resemble being underwater. They almost look like the underside of mountains, if you know what I mean.
Thankfully, it didn't rain on us at the Grove Park. Our friend is on crutches because she damaged her heel.
This gingerbread entry was in the "teen" category. I'm guessing that is 13+, perhaps up to 19 years old?
This entry won the teen category. It's the house from the movie "Despicable Me," the girls said.
Here's one from the adult category.
They had pretty Christmas trees up too, although the massive one in the lobby won't go up until after Thanksgiving.
I had to get a picture of this one for Julia -- this is Redwall Abbey, the setting for her all-time favorite book series.
And one last treasure from the adult category. This entry was in the Top Ten finishers. Why it didn't get in the top three, I don't know, except that the competition was clearly very tight!
Happy Thanksgiving! If you don't hear from me, it's because we're celebrating a chaotic, fun Thanksgiving with about thirty of us, and I'm sure I'll be busy. Blessings to all!

2 comments:

Thistle Cove Farm said...

Oh, what a delightful outing! It looks like such fun was had by all.
Happy and Blessed Thanksgiving to you and yours.

Pom Pom said...

Blessings to you! Is Sandy with you? I wish I was your neighbor so she could stay with me.
The gingerbread houses are delightful!