Thursday, November 3, 2011

Julia's Art

Like I said, today Julia did some art, so I thought I'd share it with you. This is a crayon drawing she did a few days ago. I thought it was especially good. I like her shading.
This is just a little picture she did in one part of a page. It's my parents' bird feeder, with a competition between a squirrel and a bird. It hangs outside the dining room window. I like the sense of motion she achieves, especially in the bird.
Today, she decided to paint a fall tree. At first, she just had the tree and background, in a long oval in the middle of the paper. I like the way she did the base of the tree and the little leaves, although the color is fun too.
But then she decided to fill in around the edges. She wanted an angel, holding up the initial tree section. See the angel on the bottom left. She included various religious scenes on the left. On the right, she included scary scenes -- kind of a Medieval contrast of heaven and hell, if you know that kind of thing. I think that's a demon in brown down there. The two boxes represent the two worst moments of her life (she said), which (unfortunately) have both occurred within the last year. Sigh. When adults behave badly, it leaves a big impact on a child. (And no, those are not her parents in those boxes!)
I don't have the foggiest notion what the child will do with her art, but she sure does enjoy doing it!


1 comment:

LeroyLime said...

WOW, those are all quite impressive! Keep it up Julia!