Thursday, November 17, 2011

Flowers Galore

I believe I'm on a flower kick, oh dear. My apologies to those of you who are not into craft items, or handwork. These are so fun, I can hardly stop myself. This one is made with a D hook, and with yarn that is very hard to manage. It tends to split into its threads.
Here is another one, this one with four levels of pedals. Both these flowers are about 2 1/2" wide.

This this morning I made another one, this time with an E hook, so a slightly larger flower. I used sparkly yarn.
The yarn is thicker too, so this flower is about 4 1/2" across. She's really gorgeous.
I like the color combinations you can get. If you put the darkest color in the back, it makes the others stand out.
I think this last one would be beautiful on a crocheted hat or on a scarf in the deep green.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

MK...these are so pretty! And cheerful too...when my garden doesn't have flowers in the winter, I can come to your blog and see very pretty ones too! Thanks for sharing....makes me wish I knew how to do this too!

Trudi

Carolyn said...

If you were to sell these, how much would you charge? I'd love to give some as Christmas gifts.

Michelle said...

Pedals? I can now see flowers on my bicycle!