Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Julia's Zen Doodle

Julia loves to draw. She prefers a pencil, but this pen worked nicely. She states she very much enjoys the practice of doodling. The drawing below is evidently called a "zen doodle." I'm not sure why it's called "zen," except she says it kind of puts you into a mental "zone" when you draw it. Others claim it has mesmerizing abilities on the brain; Julia posits that it's just dizziness, brought on by the circular, detailed drawing, and staring at it for too long.
I call this center portion "pixie sticks." I like the depth she achieves here.

A little oozy going on at the edge. Plus some kelp flowing along?
More oozing. Or are these interlaced fingers?
There's a little too much snakiness going on here for my comfort :) No, really, I love this stuff. She says I need to try it. I'm clearly not "zen" enough for her.

4 comments:

Pom Pom said...

I like Julia's Zentangle! I haven't tried it either but I want to!

M.K. said...

She just loves this, Pom! Now she's trying to get me to do it :) She says it is fun and soothing to do.

Lisa Richards said...

I've been having a lot of fun with zentangling, too, but I don't think it's that "zen-ish" when you first start and have to think a lot about what you're doing. But the results are very satisfying! :)

M.K. said...

Lisa -- you know we got this whole idea from your blog, of course :) You are an inspiration!