Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Leftovers

Today you are treated to leftovers -- leftover photos, that is. Here are a few things I didn't get around to ....
Recently I had Jo-Lynne's chocolate smoothie for breakfast. Did I just say "chocolate for breakfast"? You bet I did!
I didn't follow her recipe exactly. Here's what I did:
1 cup vanilla yogurt
1 egg yolk
1/2 cup milk
1 frozen banana, cut in chunks
2 rounded T. cocoa powder
a nice bit gloop of raw honey
I think I forgot the ice - oops!!
It was yumm-eee! Next time I'd cut down on the cocoa, because it was a bit strong, but otherwise this was a great breakfast option, delicious, and did I say ... um ... chocolate?? And it was filling enough too.
I'm in the mountains, which I love. But I sure miss home. I miss the Neuse:
I will very much miss my spot at the farmer's market this Saturday. I seriously enjoy this part of my week :)
I miss the flowers in my neighbors' yards. Although I'll add that my mother's yard is No Slouch!
Pretty fences. Pretty roses.
Duckies waddling across the road to their wet spot in a creek.
And our church. I miss them. Here are the three girlies who hung out on Sunday.
Hello, Oriental! Don't forget me while I'm gone!

1 comment:

Pom Pom said...

I'm so happy that you like your new home, MK!