Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Going to Lowes!

Adam said it was time to go to Lowes and buy some plants for the garden. We started quite a few from seed, weeks ago, including Brandywine tomatoes, which are up and looking great! So, off we went to Lowes. And I just had to take a picture of these dahlias! Aren't they unusual and stunning?
What fun color!
And in this color too, although I do prefer the orange/yellow. (You notice it didn't take me long to drift into the flowers, out of the vegetables ....)
I forget what these are called -- little flaming plants. I knew I wouldn't remember the name.
Our little cart looked rather boring, after those flowers!
We got cabbage, eggplant, asparagus, 2 types of cucumber, basil, brussel sprouts (which I will not eat!! NEVER!) beebalm, and a few impatiens.

They even let Sandy come into the plant section. She didn't like being left in the car.
The sky was magnificent! The clouds were on the move.
All those plants are mostly in the ground now. We're hoping for a pretty serious garden (by our standards) this summer.

1 comment:

GretchenJoanna said...

I've never seen such dahlias! Thanks for taking me on your outing. I should go to such a store today myself, but I'm procrastinating...