Thursday, April 21, 2011

What Accompanied the Pasta

That soft pasta was boiled in a large pot.
And here's the sauce Adam chose from his Pasta Cookbook -- a bacon butter sauce. It has:
5 pieces of bacon, cut small
3 pieces of ham, cut small
2 carrots, julienned
1 big slice of onion, diced small
olive oil
Saute the above until bacon is cooked to desired level, and carrots are caramelized. Then add one stick of butter at the end, and melt.
Adam carefully applied the olive oil/butter to the pasta first, coating it well. Then he added the bacon, etc., one spoonful at a time, blending it evenly into the pasta.
I'll admit:  I was very hesitant about this sauce. It didn't look like much. I'm fond of bacon (who isn't?), but I'd never seen such a thing before. In the pasta, it looked better.
Then he grated parmesan cheese and added fresh basil. Oh, yes.

2 comments:

Pom Pom said...

YUM! That sounds (and looks!) wonderful!

Lori said...

I'm drooling. That looks sooooo good!!