Sunday, April 17, 2011

Orange Julius!!!

Today we begged Adam to make his orange julius again. Oh my! I could drink this every day! Better than any other orange julius I've ever tasted.
Here's the recipe:

Orange Julius

In a blender:
1 cup water
1 cup milk (I use whole milk.)
6 oz. frozen orange juice concentrate (about 1/2 of a frozen canister)
1/2 cup powdered sugar (The corn starch in it adds a light thickener, and smooths the drink.)
1/4 cup white sugar
a pinch of salt
1/4 tsp. of vanilla extract
lots of ice - about 2 cups, or until your blender is pretty full

Blend on a lower setting, and then when the ice has been crushed a bit, blend on a high setting until the orange julius is very smooth.

3 comments:

Sarah said...

Hmmmm, I wonder if there is anything orange in this.....orange juice maybe? It sounds yummy!

GretchenJoanna said...

I'm also looking for the orange...
But I stopped by just to be sure you hadn't been blown away by the tornadoes!

M.K. said...

Okay, ladies, fixed the recipe ... yep, I left out the most important ingredient. Occasionally I cook this way too ... :)