Thursday, April 21, 2011

Pasta, Fresh

Adam volunteered to cook dinner, and decided early on that it was a pasta-making day. He and Julia pulled out the machine. He made up the dough: flour, eggs, water, a little oil, a little salt.
They put it through the machine repeatedly, until it's lengthened and thin, in sheets.
Then the final pass, he adjusts it to cut the pasta sheets into thin strips.
He draws it out smoothly.
He rolls it immediately in flour to keep it dry and the strands separated.
Fresh pasta. It's delicious just as it is, raw. Now, Adam's in the kitchen cooking some kind of quick sauce to go on it, with bacon and carrots. You just never know with that man!

2 comments:

Claire said...

I've never had fresh pasta but I am a big fan of the dried kind! It looks great! :)

blackbelt said...

My mom used to make home made noodles. I bought the machine out of nostalgia but have yet to use it. You've inspired me!