Friday, December 31, 2010

About That Soap ...

A quiet morning after Christmas, the wreaths still on the windows,
I took the soap chips I've been collecting, and went to take a bath.
A cup of hot tea and an old Victoria magazine are good company,
I dissolved all those soap bits into the water.  It turned a warm, milky color.
I love the soap I'm making, and I don't just say that as a sales pitch! Because it only has lovely, moisturizing oils, and lye that disappears as the soap cures, the finished soap itself leaves the skin feeling smooth and moist.  No drying -- at. all. I'm now using it on my face, in the bath ... everywhere we use soap. Anna loves it on her face, because she had dry spots. I also have dry skin, especially in the winter and as I age.

I don't know what they put in commercial soaps, but I've never found ANY soap that I can use, without using a lotion afterward.  They all dry the skin. Now I can know what's in my soap. And simpler is better, I think.

Plus, when I use up the little bits in a bath, I'm cutting down on any wastage at all.

There'll be another soap post later, because Adam decided he wanted to make ...



Bubble bath!

No comments: