Friday, December 10, 2010

Ugh!

Today I:

-- Finished homeschooling for the semester. This involved a major test for Anna, a test for Julia, and other end-of-week assignments.

-- Started the big bedroom swap. Peter and Philip are both moving into the downstairs den.  Peter's room will become the upstairs TV/computer room. We found lots of empty food packaging under his bed. That should give you some idea of the amount mess now spreading throughout the house.

-- Went shopping. I went to a closed health-food store, GNC (for essential oils, which they had!! At cheaper prices!! On sale!! In bigger bottles!!  Okay, that was the high point of my day :), Belk (found nothing), WalMart (soap-making supplies), Goodwill (struck out on finding a candy thermometer or a large stainless steel pot. Bummer), a bookstore (bought Dutch Blitz, the craziest card game EVAH), and a flea market where I also found nothing.

--Am cooking dinner:  baked chicken, rice, steamed broccoli with cheese sauce.

Okay, that doesn't look like as much as if FEELS like. Oh, I forgot.  I stopped and got a dozen donuts for a sweet deal right before they closed at 1:00.  Another happy moment.

And there are no pictures of this day, because if there were, they would be very BLURRY.

See ya!

2 comments:

GretchenJoanna said...

wow...I'm impressed, and wish I could get a nice blog post like that written when I have similar days. Godspeed! ((I just got to thinking that God's "speed," might just slow us down sometimes, or at least make us able to be and know the peace in the eye of the storm.

M.K. said...

Haha -- so true!! God's speed can sometimes involve a broken leg or some such thing that brings you to grinding halt! It's been a long week and I'm ready for a rest.