Monday, December 13, 2010

Finished Soap for Sale!

The soap seemed dry and hard enough to wrap, so I got to it!
Anna and I decided we really like the fabric and twine. The simplicity reflects exactly the kind of soap I want to make -- natural and beautiful.
I'm thinking of "Red Robin Soaps" as a name. That's actually a cardinal on the fabric, but I like the alliteration of "Red Robin."
I'm selling the bars by the ounce -- $1/ounce.  Most of these bars are between 2 and 3 ounces, so $2 to $3 per bar.
These larger bars are for my mom and Adam's mom, for Christmas. When I told my mom I was making soap, the first thing she said was, "Don't make little bitty bars! Make something I can hold onto."  I think this will work for her :)
Here are pics of Adam's 2nd wooden mold box. See how the bench knife slides right into the slot?  the wooden piece comes out, of course, so the soap "log" can slide down. I can cut off a bar, and know that it will be square.
I'm looking forward to using it.  Hopefully my digital scale will arrive tomorrow, and I can get down to more soap-making. I have 30 bars for sale, so if you want some, let me know how many bars. Leave a comment, nab me on facebook, or shoot me an email.
These make great teacher gifts or stocking stuffers for anyone you know who likes to bathe!!

1 comment:

LeroyLime said...

The soap looks so lovely, just perfect for a long hot soak in the tub! :) What a fun hobby, I bet it smells delish!